Travel Thursday – Q&A

Travel Thursday: plugins Q&AGoing to the Gathering in July?

Here’s a few questions with answers (Q&A) that travellers have come up with. if you don’t see yours here, click HERE to send us a note and we’ll post it in the next Q&A installment.

Q. Do I need a power converter and a plug adapter when I travel to Scotland (or elsewhere)?

A. Not necessarily. Today, most modern small appliances (shavers, curling irons, etc.) do not need a power converter for voltage plus a plug adapter. To check to see if your items are rated for both US and EU use, look on your equipment for a label that says 100 or 110V-240V, 50-60Hertz. If it does, it means it doesn’t need a power adapter, just a plug adapter.


Q. I want to stay connected with [my family, my friends, my accommodations, etc.]. Will my phone work in Scotland?

A. The answer is “maybe!” Here’s a link to an article on using cell phones while travelling.

What other questions do you have? Send them in!



Nancy West Johnson developed the Clan Gregor website in the mid 90s as a gathering place for all MacGregors to visit and learn about their heritage. In the early 2000s the site and all its contents was gifted to the Clan Gregor Society of Scotland. Nancy is still actively involved as the website developer/designer, webmaster, content curator, and 'help desk' for members and future members.

Posted in Gathering 2014, Tourist Thursday, travel Tagged with:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *