The Parish Records provided here have been collected by Dr. Richard McGregor.
Please remember to check the original records in the parishes as the handwriting of the day is hard to interpret and there may be an error here and there.
- Marriages are given as: bridgeroom + bride.
- Where there is no surname M(a)cGregor is to be understood.
- Baptisms are laid out:
- father/mother child place [day and month were inserted by Dr. McGregor], witnesses [if present], any other comments
- f = conceived in ‘fornication’
- nat = ‘natural’ child, i.e. also born out-of-wedlock
- [Some ministers liked to rub noses in it and use ‘fornication’ others were more subtle and used ‘natural’ child.]
(does not include marriages after 1825)